Subject: Re: how to pass kernel command parameters?

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:02:01 -0700

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:27:38PM -0500, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

>
> I have a Brightstar box with an MPC823, booting under 2.4.21 at the
> moment. But at the "Linux/PPC load:" line I have to enter a rather
> long string of parameters (IP numbers etc), I guess due to the boot
> ROM code that's part of this little Brightstar device.
>
> What is the proper way to automate the passing of these parameters?
> I'm gathering that all ppc kernel boots have this line to stop at,
> but the passing of parameters to it is automated.
>
> Should I be constructing a custom ram disk that contains the info? If
> so, what's a good resource about making ram disks and how to do this?
> If not, how is one supposed to do it? I don't suppose one should be
> hard-coding misc-simple.c or misc-embedded.c... ?

All that is needed, via your favorite config target is:
CONFIG_CMDLINE_BOOL=y
CONFIG_CMDLINE="everything to pass in"

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/