Subject: Re: drivers/macintosh/Kconfig (was: Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc1)

From: Brad Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:57:34 -0800

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 03:25:50PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
> >   o ppc32: Use drivers/Kconfig and move some Mac stuffs to
> >     drivers/macintosh/Kconfig
>
> And of course we just started to use drivers/Kconfig on m68k in CVS ;-)
>
> And probably we want to move a few more options from arch/m68k/Kconfig to
> drivers/macintosh/Kconfig.

I've started rewriting ADB for the new driver model, and I have been
putting it into a new directory, drivers/adb/. Seeing this makes me
wonder if that's what people think is the best idea. We could have
ADB support on non-Mac machines at some point. I'll try to get the
Griffin iMate (a UDB-ADB converter) working at some point, although
the built-in interfaces take priority for me. The hydra chip is
technically not in any Mac either, although it's very much a Mac
oriented chip. I personally think drivers/macintosh/ should be
limited to things like macio-*, mediabay, and other similar stuff.
Anyone care to comment?

	Brad Boyer
	[email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/