Subject: Re: [linux-mac68k] Re: drivers/macintosh/Kconfig (was: Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc1)

From: "Matthias Urlichs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 23:07:10 +0100

Hi,

Brad Boyer:
> ADB support on non-Mac machines at some point. I'll try to get the
> Griffin iMate (a UDB-ADB converter) working at some point, although
> the built-in interfaces take priority for me.

This may be a stupid question, but I've got an iMate, and it already
works rather well -- it checks whether the (single!) ADB device behind
it is a keyboard or a mouse, and then translates that to standard PCish
USB keycodes or mouse events, transparently.

Do you have documentation that says it can do more ..?

>                I personally think drivers/macintosh/ should be limited
> to things like macio-*, mediabay, and other similar stuff. Anyone care
> to comment?

I tend to agree.

--
Matthias Urlichs

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/