Subject: Re: Initrd and PPCbug, can it work?

From: Magnus Damm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:39:08 +0200

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:45:17 +0200
Oliver Korpilla <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Use the initrd loaded with the kernel as a root filesystem in memory
> after bootup.
>
> Exactly what commandline parameters for the kernel would I need to make
> that?

I don't know what magic patches that are applied to the mvl-3.1 kernel
that a customer of mine use, but we use one kernel with initrd (ext2fs)
and nfs root + ip pnp support. Then we select at boot-time how we want
to boot the system:

Development: "noinitrd ip=on nfsroot=192.168.1.1:/home/nfs/foobar"
Standalone: "ip=off"

We boot a "Gzipped Multi-File Image" from u-boot, but I guess that booting
a standard zImage from anywhere would do too.

/ magnus

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/