Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix missing option in binutils version check

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:38:41 +0200

On Mon, Jun 14, Tom Rini wrote:

> > Everyone who wants to build the latest and greatest kernel can also
> > update binutils, its a no-brainer.
>
> ... which does, or doesn't compile a kernel?  Does the latest and
> greatest binutils and gcc automatically pass down -many, or does it fail
> to compile because the assembler needs -many, but it's not being passed
> along.  That's what I asked.

plain gcc 3.2.3 + binutils 2.15.91.0.1 is a challenge, because it passes
-mppc instead of -many.

> And everyone who wants to build the latest and greatest stable kernel
> should probably stick with a stable release of binutils and gcc.  But
> that's just my 2 cents. :)

Lets just declare the hammer branch as stable, and older junk as
unstable.

--
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!

sUse lINUX ag, nÜRNBERG

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/