Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix missing option in binutils version check

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:19:31 +0200

On Mon, Jun 14, Tom Rini wrote:

> ... except that we can have 'dssall' even when CONFIG_ALTIVEC=n, so we
> need it really on CONFIG_6xx.

switch_mm() has it in CONFIG_ALTIVEC, so checking for CONFIG_ALTIVEC=y
looks correct to me.

> But more importantly, why did you break the check to stop people with
> broken binutils from trying to compile the kernel, and not fix the rest
> of the breakage ?

What exactly is broken in the old binutils?
Is it this one?
 opcodes/ChangeLog-0203
2002-04-17  matthew green  <[email-masked]>
        * ppc-opc.c (powerpc_opcode): Fix dssall operand list.

Or rev 1.21 in opcodes/ppc-opc.c? The current check seems to check just
for that one.

--
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!

sUse lINUX ag, nÜRNBERG

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/