Subject: Re: Pegasos 2 support patch ...

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:45:46 +0200

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:40:47AM +0100, Adrian Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 10:30, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:18:10AM +0100, Adrian Cox wrote:
> > > On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 17:50, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > > The remaining problem for the pegasos 2 is with the via82cxxx ide
> > > > driver, which needs to support a different irq for both channels, thus
> > > > breakign when a device is present on the second ide channel. [snip]
>
> > > My current idea is to add an extra flag to the ide_pci_device_t to
> > > indicate that the device defaults to ports 14 and 15, then modify
> > > ide_hwif_configure() to use this flag.
> >
> > Ok, sounds nice, do you plan to write this patch anytime soon, or should
> > i go forward and implement this idea ?
>
> I've got a few other things to get into the kernel before this, so
> please don't wait for me. If you make a patch I'll test it.

Ok, altough i have not much experience with ide stuff.

> In my case, the initial setup is that the device has been assigned I/O
> space address in the 0xfe00 range, and no PCI IRQ.  This confuses the
> PCI IDE code, because it assumes that the device must be an add-in card
> if it is not on the legacy ports.

Ok.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/