Subject: Re: Pegasos 2 support patch ...

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:50:28 +0200

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:18:10AM +0100, Adrian Cox wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 17:50, Sven Luther wrote:
> > The remaining problem for the pegasos 2 is with the via82cxxx ide
> > driver, which needs to support a different irq for both channels, thus
> > breakign when a device is present on the second ide channel. The
> > pegasos-via82cxxx.diff patches is a hcky soltuion for this, but is
> > naturally not fit for mainstream inclusion. I would welcome any hint on
> > how to solve this issue.
>
> I have a board which has the same problem.
>
> My current idea is to add an extra flag to the ide_pci_device_t to
> indicate that the device defaults to ports 14 and 15, then modify
> ide_hwif_configure() to use this flag.

Mmm, ...

static ide_hwif_t *ide_hwif_configure(struct pci_dev *dev,
	ide_pci_device_t *d, ide_hwif_t *mate, int port, int irq)

Would it not be better in my case to call ide_hwif_configure with the
right irq ? Or do i misunderstand what you had in mind ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/