Subject: Re: Pegasos 2 support patch ...

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:52:31 +0200

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 05:39:35PM +0100, Adrian Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 17:23, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I am not sure if it works for me, but in your case, would the right
> > solution not be to have d->init_chipset return the irq ?
>
> No, because d->init_chipset is only called once per pci device, and that
> one pci device provides two channels with different irqs.

Ah, too bad. that said, this could be perhaps changed ? After all the
calling code in the idesetup stuff is per channel, so there is no reason
we could not call this one (or a similar function) for each channel.

> The problem is that the via686 ide is hardwired to irqs 14 and 15 of the
> i8259 interrupt controller internally, but the kernel believes that only
> IDE controllers at the legacy address can have separate irqs for each
> channel.

Is this the case for each via ide controller ? If so why does it work on
x86 ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/