Subject: Re: How to port ppc-linux to new custom boards? (virtexII)

From: Marc Leeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:57:02 +0200

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 09:34:32AM +0200, Marius Groeger wrote:

> I'd like to add, though, that commercial support is somthing you payed
> for, and which you can *claim*, so IMHO you shouldn't underestimate
> it. A guaranteed support line can be very critical at certain stages
> of your project.

Yeah you're right. Commercial support can help you by putting in more
resources when the problem is quite obvious (newly porting) and they do
have expertise in that particular area. If the problem is not that
obvious, the replies get very slow and very vague.

I'm just being negative (perhaps a bit too much) after having a meeting
last week with a commercial representative and claimed much more credit
where none or little was due to their company in an effort to accept
their licensing which resembles a typical hammer and anvil situation.

I just like the mailing list discussions: I think they are much more
productive in the middle to long run if you want to learn and are not
focussed on your little backyard.

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/