Subject: Re: New mailing list specifically for embedded PowerPC development

From: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:56:29 -0700

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 04:46:55PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> After some representations, I have created [email-masked]
> for the discussion of all things to do with the development of Linux on
> embedded PowerPC platforms.
> 
> General Linux on PowerPC development discussions should, of course, remain
> on this list.

Let's try this a different way. :) Could you please add the following
text to the mailman list pages? Any objections? I think this will clarify
list usage as BenH would like it.

linuxppc-dev
------------
This is the Linux on PowerPC developers' mailing list. It is
free and open to all those interested in development of Linux
on PowerPC hardware, but discussions/patches should pertain to
software development for the kernel core ppc32 support and
CHRP/Pmac/PReP platforms.   Any discussions/patches regarding
embedded procesoors/platforms should be directed to the
linuxppc-embedded list.

Patches are welcomed, but please refrain from posting excessively
large ones (40K is currently the limit for the entire message).
Large patches should be made available at an accessible FTP or
web site and the URL posted to this list. The list owner reserves
the right to implement filtering of list messages, unsubscribe
offenders, and/or otherwise prevent posting of messages to enforce
the list charter.
-----------------

linuxppc-embedded
-----------------
This is the Linux on PowerPC embedded developers' mailing list.
It is free and open to all those interested in development
of Linux on embedded PowerPC hardware, but discussions/patches
should pertain to software development for the kernel core ppc32
embedded processor support and any driver/chip/board support for
ppc32 based embedded systems. Any discussions/patches regarding
generic core ppc32 support should be directed to the linuxppc-dev
list.

Patches are welcomed, but please refrain from posting excessively
large ones (40K is currently the limit for the entire message).
Large patches should be made available at an accessible FTP or
web site and the URL posted to this list. The list owner reserves
the right to implement filtering of list messages, unsubscribe
offenders, and/or otherwise prevent posting of messages to enforce
the list charter.
-----------------

Regards,
Matt