Subject: Re: [PATCH] first in a series to enhance microcode patches

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:53:56 -0700

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 04:00:45PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Tom Rini wrote:
> 
> >On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 03:20:37PM -0400, Dan Malek wrote:
> 
> >>No, send a whole patch that _does_ something.  Let's see all of these
> >>changes at once.  By itself, this patch is useless and doesn't add any
> >>features, it just wastes our time discussing it.
> >
> >A series of inter-dependant patches might be better, but I like small,
> >easy to understand patches.
> 
> you know, it's a good thing i'm severely bipolar. :-)  somebody needs 
> to make a decision -- i'll go with whatever it is.

Ah.  I assumed you were sending out one chunk at a time something you
had 'done', sorry.  To be clear, what I prefer is a series of patches
that get something done.  A single small cleanup like you posted is
fine, but if you have it as part of a larger change, just include it in
the series.  'Documentation/SubmittingPatches' is probably a good
reference, subsituting linux-kernel with linuxppc-embedded :)

-- 
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/