Subject: Re: [BUG] IBM440GX works too slow under nfsroot

From: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:22:44 -0700

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 10:38:59AM +0900, Hiroshi DOYU wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:33:20 -0700
> Eugene Surovegin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 08:57:33AM +0900, Hiroshi DOYU wrote:
> > > Now I am strugging with booting vanilla(2.4.2x) on ibm440gx and
> > > I could succeed to boot it but, after nfs mounted, it's behavior 
> > > seems too slow. I guess, it looks like the system is running 
> > > half duplex. 
> > 
> > Yeah, driver thinks it's connected to 10Mb hub. How the board is 
> > actualy connected to the network?
> 
> 10Mb hub.

Well, I'm seeing awful half duplex performance on a 10/100Mbps hub
that has negotiated 100Mbps...this is on one hub at home.  At the
office, with a different hub, I seem not to have the problems.  I
will try a 10Mbps hub next.

This is on 440GX EMAC0 w/ current BK 2.6.

-Matt