Subject: Re: Linux port for the 440EP processor

From: Eugene Surovegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:18:27 -0800

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:36:44AM +0530, Mukund JB. wrote:
> Does 440EP processor come under 4xx type?

Yes. But AFAIK 440EP port isn't available publicly, yet.

> Is there a central repository for Linux distributions for 440 series?

440 isn't something special, currently all 2.6 work is done in 
kernel.org tree. For more info, see http://penguinppc.org/kernel/

> Are there any tools, help Documents that can help build Linux
> distribution for the 440EP Processor?
> In "Linux for PowerPC Embedded Systems HOWTO" Document, the Target
> Hardware's 4xx series points to some site addr & I didn't find any 440
> processor support there? 
> 
> Do I have access to the working 440GP & 440GX in both 2.4 & 2.6
> developed by u? where can I find them?

You can consider MontaVista Linux (www.mvista.com). Currently they 
support 440GP & 440GX. You can also take a look at www.denx.de, 
although I have no idea how good is 44x support they provide.

--
Eugene