Subject: Re: Problem bringing up Linux on Custom MPC852 Board

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:27:57 +0100

In message <000d01c4c977$8951b0e0$0101a8c0@alcor1> you wrote:
> 
> I have ported u-boot, modified Linux to add a new board config and added the
> board specific definitions in arch/ppc/platforms. 
...
> When I boot Linux I get the following:-
...
> At this point it stops executing in arch_kernel_thread.

I bet some beer that this is actually a FAQ - see
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxCrashesRandomly

This phenomenon is typical for a novice's port of U-Boot.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
"There are things that are so serious that you can  only  joke  about
them"                                                    - Heisenberg