Subject: Re: compiling ELDK3 microwindows source paket

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:26:45 +0100

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> 
> I want to rebuild the ELDK3 (www.denx.de) microwindows source paket 
> (host system: i386 pc running SUSE 9.0; target system: embedded ppc405; 
> CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx-).
> 
> For it I installed the source in the ELDK3 directory and tried to 
> rebuild the paket with  ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpmbuild -ba microwindows.spec. 
> This gave some errors because the host and not the cross compiler was used.

There is a detailed description how to do this inthe ELDK manual;
please see
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents#Section_3.7.2.

Please pay special attention to the two requirements shown at the end
of this paragraph.

> After I changed the file microwindows-0.90-config.ppc.patch from

Don't do this, it will break the build.

> What can it be?

User error. Please RTFM.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
"There's only one kind of woman ..." "Or man, for  that  matter.  You
either believe in yourself or you don't."
	-- Kirk and Harry Mudd, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1330.1