Subject: [BUG?] [PPC/403/IBM] compile error 2.6.9 and earlier

From: Nico Schottelius <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:37:43 +0100

[repost: posted on linux-kernel before / hit the wrong list]

Hello!

I didn't find linux-ppc list on vger, so I hope this list is correct:

When trying to compile a kernel for my ibm thinclient, which has a
403 PPC processor, I get the attached compile error. 

The error exists since 2.6.X, but the times before I tried to cross-compile,
this time I tried to built the kernel from my 'new' g3-ibook, which
failed again (so this is not a cross-compile error).

Thanks for any hints,

Nico

P.S.: See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=110293175523284&w=2
for one 'possible answer' to my question. If that's true, is anyone
out there who wants me to guide to fix it? I'd really love to let the
IBM thinclients live with Linux.

P.P.S.: Please CC-me, I am not subscribed.

-- 
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
Please use pgp encryption: 8D0E 27A4 is my id.
http://nico.schotteli.us | http://linux.schottelius.org