Subject: Re: 43p-140 install issues

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:57:58 +0100

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 05:30:25PM +0100, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> [del]
> >I would prefer that we fix the debian kernels for them to work correctly
> >though. More on this on monday.
> 
> I failed to configure a stock 2.4.28 kernel to detect the SCSI controler.
> I think some of Leigh patches for this must be applied, but I haven't
> gone any further.

I had some report on a power3 box, that only the SMP sym53c8xx driver worked.
When configuring in UP mode, 

> [del]
> >Do the debian 2.4.27 kernel work on it ? I was unable to boot the 2.4.27 d-i
> >kernel on my powerstack, but this is a different machine, so the issues may be
> >a bit different. 
> 
> I've only tried the Woody PREP kernel, which failed in a way which I can't
> remember, but I'll give it a try.

Yes, please, i would greatly appreciate it, preferably the 2.6.8 kernel too.
Let' try to get this fixed before the sarge release, which is not so far off
now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther