Subject: Re: 43p-140 install issues

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:47:19 +0100

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:49:19AM +0100, Philippe Guyot wrote:
> > BTW, i have another question. I am trying to fix debian-installer to create
> > the prep partition, but i would like to have some info on the expected
> > constraints of said partition. Some tell it has to be entirely in the first
> > 8MB, others the first 5MB, and my powerstack has a 17MB boot partition
> > right now.
> 
> 
> All I can say, it's that my boot PReP partition is the 1st and about 4 MB in 
> size (cannot size it less than 1% of the disk.....)
> second partition is /
> third is swap.

BTW, for debian, it makes more sense to have the second partition as swap, and
the third as /, i think, since it was decided some time back to default to
root=/dev/sda3, and not sda2.

> That works for me.

Until the kernel grows beyond 4MB.

Friendly,

Sven Luther