Subject: Re: atkbd_init lockup with 2.6.11-rc1

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:17:46 +0100

On Fri, Jan 28, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> Fixes as in "it reports that reset fails" again or it resets the
> keyboard cleanly and works fine?

It doesnt hang if I add printk around the outb.

> > Do you have a version of that i8042 delay patch for 2.6.11-rc2-bk6?
> > Maybe it will help.
> > 
> 
> No I don't, and I don't think you need all of it. What happens if you
> edit drivers/input/serio/i8042.c manually and stick udelay(7); in
> front of calls to i8042_write_data() in i8042_kbd_write() and
> i8042_aux_write()?

Doesnt help either, adding printk fixes it.

/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: 60 -> i8042 (command) [2264]
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: 61 -> i8042 (parameter) [2264]
i8042_write_data(56) swapper(1):c0,j4294673158 enter 97
i8042_write_data(58) swapper(1):c0,j4294673158 leave 97
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: ff -> i8042 (kbd-data) [2640]
i8042_write_data(56) swapper(1):c0,j4294673534 enter 255
i8042_write_data(58) swapper(1):c0,j4294673534 leave 255
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: fe <- i8042 (interrupt, kbd, 1, timeout) [2895]
atkbd.c: keyboard reset failed on isa0060/serio0
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: f2 -> i8042 (kbd-data) [3096]
i8042_write_data(56) swapper(1):c0,j4294673990 enter 242
i8042_write_data(58) swapper(1):c0,j4294673990 leave 242
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: fe <- i8042 (interrupt, kbd, 1, timeout) [3351]
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: ed -> i8042 (kbd-data) [3494]
i8042_write_data(56) swapper(1):c0,j4294674388 enter 237
i8042_write_data(58) swapper(1):c0,j4294674388 leave 237
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: fe <- i8042 (interrupt, kbd, 1, timeout) [3750]
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: 60 -> i8042 (command) [3893]
/home/olaf/kernel/b50/linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk6-olh/drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: 60 -> i8042 (parameter) [3893]
i8042_write_data(56) swapper(1):c0,j4294674787 enter 96
i8042_write_data(58) swapper(1):c0,j4294674787 leave 96
md: md driver 0.90.1 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
NET: Registered protocol family 2
.. here it hangs again.