Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.10-rc3][PPC32] Fix Motorola PReP (PowerstackII Utah) PCI IRQ map

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:01:50 +0100

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 06:34:03PM +0200, Meelis Roos wrote:
> >Oh, damn, need to fix my daily builder, should be ok for tomorrow. IN the
> >meanwhile, you can try :
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/2005-02-23/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd
> 
> This seems to work fine: onboard scsi is OK, pci nic with de4x5 is OK 
> too. Haven't got more PCI cards in there currently.

Ok, can you now install the 2.6.10-3 package from : 

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.6.10-3 

(you need kernel-image-2.6.10-powerpc and mkvmlinuz), call mkvmlinuz on it (or
add it to kernel-img.conf as postinst_hook=/usr/sbin/mkvmlinuz).

You may probably want also to modify /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd:MODULES_DEP to dep
instead of MOST, or you may hit size problems with your initrd, i would be
interested in knowing that.

Then just dd your /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-powerpc to your prep partition, or
better yet to a tftp server, and try it out. If the scsi problems are there,
can you fill a bug report against kernel-source-2.6.10 ? 

Friendly,

Sven Luther