Subject: Re: 2.6 4xx GPIO OCP driver?

From: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:30:55 -0700

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 03:25:04PM -0500, Travis B. Sawyer wrote:
> Steven Blakeslee wrote:
> >>In 2.4 we used the drivers/char/ibm_ocp_gpio.c module.  I see 
> >>no such support in 2.6.10.  I perused the archives, found 
> >>nothing (OBTW: can someone point me to the search engine for 
> >>the list?)
> > 
> > 
> > I see it.  Drivers/char/ibm_gpio.c in Linux 2.6.10-rc3.
> 
> I guess I should be using the linuxppc-2.5 tree instead of straight from
> kernel.org.

I didn't bother merging it upstream at one time. It wasn't clear
if the driver had any value over just mmaping /dev/mem to bang
on the couple gpio registers directly. We can get it in real
2.6 if people really find it more convenient. My only argument
against it is that it's not much of a layer over the trivial
registers and each SoC requires completely different support
since the pin routings are SoC specific.

Anyway, just speak up. ;)

-Matt