Subject: Re: [PATCH][PPC32] mv64x60 updates

From: "Dale Farnsworth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:58:39 -0700

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 08:27:52PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:24:20AM -0700, Dale Farnsworth wrote:
> > All of my changes to the mv643xx ethernet driver have been posted to
> > LKML or the netdev list.  I have removed all arch-specific code from
> > the ethernet driver itself.
> 
> What is the status of this with regard to the 2.6.11 mainline kernel ?

I'm hopeful they will go in this week to make 2.6.12

> > See bk://dfarnsworth.bkbits.net/linux-2.5-mv643xx-enet
> 
> I guess i need to look there, as in mainline 2.6.11, there doesn't seem to be
> direct related code between the ppc specific mv64x60 stuff, and the mips
> related ethernet one.

Yes.

> Well, as i am doing the powerpc debian 2.6.11 kernel, i really would like to
> port your work to the pegasos, but what i have seen from the code in the
> mainline kernel doesn't really make sense.

Benh also mentioned porting it to pegasos, but I haven't heard that he's
gotten to it.

-Dale