Subject: Re: mv643xx_eth SA_SHIRQ support patch

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:49:45 +0100

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:54:01PM -0700, Dale Farnsworth wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 12:57:39PM +0000, Nicolas DET wrote:
> > Hello James,
> > > - why do you need to use SA_SHIRQ in the ethernet driver?
> > 
> > Because the IRQ we use for ethernet is shared with others devices.
> 
> I've included an untested patch below that adds support for passing
> IRQ flags via platform device.

Notice that benh is telling me that you should use SA_SHIRQ always and that
SA_INTERRUPT should go away, and that you should contact him online if you
have trouble with that.

> For the pegasos 2, you'll need the second patch which applies after
> the one I previously sent for chrp_setup.c.

Ok, will test this anyway, and tell you how it works.

> Sven + Nicolas, please let me know if this compiles/works for you.

Yep.

Friendly,

Sven Luther