Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make sleep/wakeup work with USB on powerbooks

From: Colin Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:51:57 +0100

On 17 Mar 2005 at 16h03, Paul Mackerras wrote:

Hi, 

> I am currently using this patch on my powerbook to fix the problems
> that USB was causing with sleep and wakeup.  Basically one of the USB
> controllers was getting a spurious wakeup immediately when put it
> into the suspend state.  This would cause the resume routine to be run
> after we had turned off the device, causing a machine check.
> 
> Also we had some races where we would turn off the clock to the apple
> OHCI cell(s) and then try to access them.  With this patch, sleep and
> wakeup are quite reliable.  The patch is against 2.6.11.

Would it be the "proper" patch I was looking for in the thread named
"[PATCH] Re-power USB ports on wakeup" ?

Or does it fix different issues ? Mine fixed, with a hack I think, the
fact that USB ports kept being powered down after one wakeup out of
two. I never got any machine check, however.

Thanks,
-- 
Colin