Subject: Re: Newer laptops & CPU speed

From: Daniele Lacamera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:25:41 +0100

> Hi !
> 
> It seems the new laptops are booting with CPU set to low
> speed. /proc/cpuinfo outputs the wrong fequency (thinks it's high 
speed)
> but bogomips shows that it's running at about half speed. This patch
> against 2.6.11 (will not apply on 2.6.10) adds proper cpufreq support 
so
> that the boot speed is recognized (fixing /proc/cpuinfo output) and so
> you can acutally use cpufreq interface & utilities to switch to full
> speed (I recommend powernowd).

> This is completely untested as I don't have access to any of those new
> models yet, so I'm waiting for some feedback before submitting 
upstream.

> Ben.
[patch follows]

Ben,
your patch seems to be working very well on my new 1.5GHz 12" pbook.
Bogomips more than doubled in /proc/cpuinfo, from about 700 to 1495.04.

Thanks.

-- 
Daniele Lacamera
root{at}danielinux.net