Subject: Re: Cross compiler

From: Gerhard Jaeger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:23:35 +0200

Hi,

On Thursday 26 May 2005 17:33, Rune Torgersen wrote:
> Anybody know how to set up a cross compiler for nptl support?
> 
> I'm trying to use crosstools to compile a gcc-3.4.3/glibc-2.3.4 for
> ppc-604 (actually for mpc826x) on i686.

which version of crosstools?

> It works if I make it with linuxthreads.
> If I do GLIBC_ADDON_OPTIONS==nptl ./my-ppc604_new.sh
> Then glibc configure fails with an error about needing a gcc with forced
> unwind support.
> 
> If I try to set up gcc options to enable threading, then GCC core
> compile fails with error that it cannot find pthread.h
> 
> Anybody know of a solution?

have you checked out:
http://www.wwwdotorg.org/writings/code/nptl_tool/nptl_tool.html

Gerhard

-- 
Gerhard Jaeger <[email-masked]>            
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software
www.sysgo.com | www.elinos.com | www.pikeos.com | www.osek.de