Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc32: Remove CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK

From: Gabriel Paubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:33:01 +0200

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 09:53:12AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 10:57 +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 02:39:16PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > This patch removes CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK (PowerBook support). This is now
> > > split into CONFIG_PMAC_MEDIABAY for the actual hotswap bay that some
> > > powerbooks have, CONFIG_PM for power management related code, and just
> > > left out of any CONFIG_* option for some generally useful stuff that can
> > > be used on non-laptops as well.
> > 
> > Can you clarify the CONFIG_PMAC_MEDIABAY for which powerbooks this
> > is needed exactly?  AFAIK up to one of the G3 models, but you probably
> > know better :)
> 
> 3400/3500 models (603 & first G3), wallstreet and 101 afaik. Mostly old
> models with a hotswap bay containing the CD-ROM, a floppy drive or an
> additional battery.

Actually all G3 including the Pismo (I have one) although I don't know
if the drive bay accepts floppy drives. By the time this model was
introduced, floppies were already on their way out.

Mine was delivered with a DVD reader, which is the only part that really 
shows problems after 4 years and a half of daily use (and it has got
its third battery but that's in line with expected battery life).

	Gabriel