Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] [PPC32] ibm_emac: Add 440SPe support

From: Eugene Surovegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:22:36 -0700

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 08:03:35PM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Eugene, I'm not sure what the status of your ibm_emac rewrite is.  Is
> there a tree somewhere that you would like me to merge this change
> with and then send you a patch, or do you want to take care of merging?

Well, new driver was sent to jgarzik and netdev list three weeks ago. 
So far I haven't heard anything technical from Jeff. I don't know when 
and even if it will be merged.

There is a GIT tree with new driver, for more info look at 
http://kernel.ebshome.net/emac/index.html

I don't know what to recommend now - wait for net driver maintainer 
(I've heard some people have been waiting for couple months already) 
or sent this patch upstream ignoring new driver :(. Matt?

I'll try to look at merging your patch into my tree, but probably not 
right now - I'm kinda busy with other stuff and netdev "progress" 
doesn't quite motivate me working on this project, frankly. Though, if 
you can send me a patch against my tree, I'll appreciate it :).

-- 
Eugene