Subject: Re: CPM2 early console

From: Roger Larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:24:17 +0200

On Saturday 01 October 2005 07.57, Kalle Pokki wrote:
> Dan Malek wrote:
> > I just built an 8250. 8260, and 8270 from a very recent 2.6 tree today
> > and they
> > all worked fine.  They all had different serial port configurations
> > (SMC1, SCC1
> > and SCC2).  Two were u-boot and one was a proprietary boot rom.
> > So, the "problem" seems to be related to something unique with your
> > system.
>
> Yes I'm sure the code in Linux is right. It may be missing some
> initialisation it depends on, but anyway.
>
> My board is an Embedded Planet EP8248 that came with a pre-installed
> version of Linux 2.4. That version works ok, though I don't know what
> modifications were made to the kernel. The source wasn't included...
>

That is a violation of the GPL license, developers could sue them for
copyright infringement.
(One other alternative is that you should have gotten info on how
to get the source)

/RogerL