Subject: How to make mudules on linux-ppc2.6.12

From: "JohnsonCheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:56:37 +0800

Dear All,

I just write a "hello world" module code, but I can't compile it for
ppc2.6.12.

My Makefile is list as following:

obj-m := test.o

all:

  make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- -C /root/linux-2.6.12.3
SUBDIR=. modules

When I run make, no error message output, but I find no test.ko modules. The
output message is list as following:

make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- -C /root/linux-2.6.1

2.3 SUBDIR=. modules

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/linux-2.6.12.3'

  CHK     include/linux/version.h

make[2]: `arch/ppc/kernel/asm-offsets.s' is up to date.

  Building modules, stage 2.

  MODPOST

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/linux-2.6.12.3'

Do anyone can give me some help ?

Thanks,

Johnson Cheng