Subject: RE: How to make mudules on linux-ppc2.6.12

From: "JohnsonCheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:48:37 +0800

Thanks for your kindly suggestion. I have found out the problem.

Just do some modification as following:

$(MAKE) ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- -C /root/linux-2.6.12.3
M=$(PWD) modules

Good Luck.!!

  _____  

From: JohnsonCheng [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 11:36 AM
To: linux-ppc-embedded
Subject: RE: How to make mudules on linux-ppc2.6.12

Dear Andy,

Thanks your reply. But I am sorry that it doesn't work on my box.

My kernel had been configured and compiled, and I also modify my Makefile as
following:

Obj-m := test.o

All:

  $(MAKE) ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- -C /root/linux-2.6.12.3
SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules

The output message is the same as before, no error message and no test.ko
module.

Thanks,

Johnson Cheng

  _____  

From: JohnsonCheng [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:57 PM
To: linux-ppc-embedded
Subject: How to make mudules on linux-ppc2.6.12

Dear All,

I just write a "hello world" module code, but I can't compile it for
ppc2.6.12.

My Makefile is list as following:

obj-m := test.o

all:

  make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- -C /root/linux-2.6.12.3
SUBDIR=. modules

When I run make, no error message output, but I find no test.ko modules. The
output message is list as following:

make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- -C /root/linux-2.6.1

2.3 SUBDIR=. modules

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/linux-2.6.12.3'

  CHK     include/linux/version.h

make[2]: `arch/ppc/kernel/asm-offsets.s' is up to date.

  Building modules, stage 2.

  MODPOST

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/linux-2.6.12.3'

Do anyone can give me some help ?

Thanks,

Johnson Cheng