Subject: Re: [PATCH] hide pmac specific drivers if CONFIG_ADB is not set

From: Brad Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:44:05 -0700

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 06:23:31PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 10:23 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > > SCSI_MESH exists on old Macs, but the PB Lombard has an external connector
> > 
> > And on some CHRP.
> > 
> > You can no longer enable MESH when compiling for CHRP or when disabling ADB?
> > 
> > It's clearly visible my LongTrail died last year... :-(
> 
> Come on, Geert, I told you back then I was doing that :) You didn't
> complain and we figured out nobody around had any of these in working
> conditions anymore :)

Well, it really doesn't have anything to do with ADB. The problem is
actually the macio bus layer, but we don't have CONFIG_ options for
that. I've been working on getting the macio code running in 68k,
so I was thinking of introducing a CONFIG_MACIO. Would this be an
acceptable option? On 68k, I would just default it to yes if the
config has CONFIG_MAC, but it could be made a real question for ppc
since the platform stuff doesn't really let you select just a pci
powermac kernel anymore. Any comments?

I suppose if anyone still has one of those old CHRP machines, we
could probably get hydra supported by macio_asic to get some of the
other drivers working on it.

	Brad Boyer
	[email-masked]