Subject: Re: PowerBook5,8 - TrackPad update

From: Michael Hanselmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:50:47 +0100

Hello Parag

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 01:11:00AM -0500, Parag Warudkar wrote:
> Is yours the 15" model or the 17"? Mine is 15" and the product id is  
> 0x0214.

It's the 15" one.

> I haven't looked at your changes completely yet but are you saying it
> works? Meaning mouse moves properly?

The mouse moves, but slowly. Maybe something isn't correct yet, but it
works basically.

> Also I find it strange that your model requires 80 bytes ATP_DATASIZE
> - mine isn't happy at all with anything less than 256. The less number
> of sensors you  defined is again a puzzle.

That are points I need to investigate further.

> If the format of the data is same (which looks like it is with your
> model) then yes, but in my case the data arrives is 64 byte blocks -
> there are 4 of them in one  transfer, each a reading on it's own.

I get 256 bytes in each transfer as well, but didn't look at the bytes
behind 40. Maybe that'll help to make it more responsive.

> Hmm. More confusion.

Oh yes. Why does Apple ship the basically same PowerBook with different
Touchpads?

Greets,
Michael

-- 
Gentoo Linux Developer using m0n0wall | http://hansmi.ch/