Subject: Re: PPC440EP/Yosemite PCI misbehavior

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:21:13 +0100

Hi David,

On Saturday 14 January 2006 05:37, David Hawkins wrote:
> I'll go and play with the 440EP DMA controller and see if I can get
> that to burst to the PCI bus.
>
> > access to PCI I/O space causes a machine check exception.
>
> I still get this in 2.6.15, but Wolfgang Denx indicated that
> they'd tested PCI I/O pretty thoroughly, so I'm inclined to
> believe that its my driver that is at fault. I'll do a little
> more digging on that one.

I have to admit, that PCI I/O can't have worked until now on 
Yosemite/Yellowstone. I just found a bug in 
arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/yosemite.h:

-#define YOSEMITE_PCI_IO_BASE		0x00000000e0000000ULL
+#define YOSEMITE_PCI_IO_BASE		0x00000000e8000000ULL

Please give it a try and let me know if the problem is fixed.

Best regards,
Stefan