Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] RFC: OSS driver removal, a slightly different approach

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:04:15 +0100

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 11:54:43AM +0000, Martin Habets wrote:

> It seems to me we can already get rid of sound/oss/dmasound now.
> I cannot find anything refering to it anymore, and the ALSA powermac
> driver is being maintained.

You are correct that I forgot to add the dmasound drivers to my list, 
but I don't think we can get rid of all of them since I doubt the ALSA 
powermac driver was able to drive m68k hardware.

Can someone from the ppc developers drop me a small note whether 
SND_POWERMAC completely replaces DMASOUND_PMAC?

> Martin

TIA
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed