Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add fec support for mpc52xx

From: "Dale Farnsworth" <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Feb 2006 19:37:34 -0000

In article <[email-masked]> John Rigby wrote:
> Adds fec support, requires bestcom patch.  Applies to Sylvains git tree.

Hmm, I thought that fec support was already in Sylvain's git tree.

I'm sure Sylvain intended it to be there.

>>From http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2005-June/018887.html:
> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 00:15:32 +0200
> From: Sylvain Munaut <[email-masked]>
> 
> Following the obvious demand for it :
> 
> rsync://gitbits.246tNt.com/gitbits/linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git
> http://gitbits.246tNt.com/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git;a=summary
> 
> Hopefully the server is setup correctly ...
> It's not _heavily_ tested but it seems to works fine in the few test I
> made.
> 
> What in there :
>  - I2C patches that are already sent upstream but not yet in Linus tree
>  - Change of the mpc52xx uart device name and device ids to a range in
>    the low density serial port major. Also it's now named ttyPSC? so
>    you need to update you kernel command line (else you won't see any
>    console). Note that the ids and names choosed are NOT YET OFFICIAL,
>    I just included it in this release because some people were seeing
>    conflict with the other ids. So the name and ids may change ...
>  - Some other patches that will soon be sent upstream, just waiting
>    for you to test see if it has any negative impact.
>  - FEC and BestComm rewrite from Dale, with some improvement. For eg,
>    the FEC task now handle misaligment so the manual alignment code
>    has been removed, ...

I hope Sylvain can resurrect the 2.6 FEC code that he, I and others
worked on.

-Dale