Subject: Re: asm-powerpc/highmem.h missing

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:40:45 +0100

On Wed, Feb 08, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:34:39 +0100 Olaf Hering <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > 
> > Why was asm-ppc/highmem.h not migrated? linux/highmem.h and pagemap.h wants it.
> 
> I guess it was not migrated because it is only required for CONFIG_HIGHMEM
> and, of course, ppc64 does not need HIGHMEM and presumably noone has tried
> to build with CONFIG_HIGHMEM set in ARCH=powerpc until now.

zaptel wants it as well, via netdevice.h/skbuff.h. I wonder why 32bit
compiles anyway, given the many users of linux/highmem.h. Looking...

Argh, still these hacks:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 olaf users 64 2006-02-04 13:16 arch/powerpc/include/asm ->
/home/olaf/kernel/olh/ppc64/linux-2.6.16-rc2-olh/include/asm-ppc/

So better move it over quick.

-- 
short story of a lazy sysadmin:
 alias appserv=wotan