Subject: Re: Yosemite board ala, PPC405EP

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:18:46 +0100

On Wednesday, 8. March 2006 22:33, David Hawkins wrote:
> > Sorry, I was confused. I have a PPC405EP. not a Yosemite board.
>
> Ok, sorry then, I can't help.
>
> Take a look at the Denx web site, they have a bunch of
> BDI2000 configuration files, I'm not sure whether they
> have a 405EP, but take a look.

Yes, we have. Take a look at the attached bubinga config file (AMCC 405EP 
evaluation board).

The 405EP is quite different from the 405GP(r) regarding it initialization. 
The PLL is setup normally not via strapping pins as on the 405GP(r) but by 
reading values from a EEPROM. This can behavior can be configured by one 
strapping pin (don't know which one right now). Please take a look at the PLL 
setup in the BDI config file.

Best regards,
Stefan