Subject: KW: wrong state

From: Giuliano Pochini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:01:09 +0200

Dual G4 MDD,
Linux Jay 2.6.16 #2 SMP Sun Mar 26 00:19:01 CET 2006 ppc 7455, altivec supported PowerMac3,6 GNU/Linux
writes these messages at boot. The fan control seems to work fine, though.

i2c /dev entries driver
PowerMac i2c bus pmu 2 registered
PowerMac i2c bus pmu 1 registered
PowerMac i2c bus mac-io 0 registered
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 06)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
PowerMac i2c bus uni-n 1 registered
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
DS1775 digital thermometer [@49]
Temp: 24.5 C  Hyst: 75.0 C  OS: 80.0 C
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
ADM1030 fan controller [@2c]
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 02)
PowerMac i2c bus uni-n 0 registered

I cannot stop the second CPU with "echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online"
dmesg says "CPU 1 refused to die!". I don't know if it's related to the errors above.

--
Giuliano.