Subject: Kernel for MPC Lite 5200 will not compile

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 02:07:03 +0200

Hi,

I installed today ELDK 4.0 for the LITE5200 board (icecube).
./install -d /usr/local/eldk ppc_6xx

After compiling u-boot and playing a little bit with it, i tried to
compile the kernel 2.6.

For this I used the git repository.
I copied the file arch/ppc/configs/lite5200_defconfig to .config, and
tried the following one:
make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_6xx- uImage

But i got a failure with the following error message:
  CC      arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.o arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c: In function 'mpc52xx_sdma_probe':
arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c:269: warning: implicit declaration of function 'to_platform_device' 
arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c:269: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c:278: warning: implicit declaration of function 'platform_get_resource'
arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c:278: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c:279: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c: At top level:
arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.c:367: error: 'platform_bus_type' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[2]: *** [arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm/bestcomm.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [arch/ppc/syslib/bestcomm] Fehler 2
make: *** [arch/ppc/syslib] Fehler 2

What is wrong here, I think i did an error on any step...

Thx for help!

Best regards,
Matthias