Subject: Re: Kernel for MPC Lite 5200 will not compile

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:39:41 +0200

Hello Wolfgang,

* Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]> [29-03-06 00:31]:
> Which kernel tree are you using? There is no support for  MPC5200  in
> the  DENX  Linux  tree.  Well, some code is there, as there is in the
> public 2.6 kernel tree, but it's known to be broken and not supported
> by us.

i tried the following trees:
linux-2.6.15 (from kernel.org)
linux-2.6-denx (from cg-clone http://www.denx.de/git/<project_name>)
linux-2.6-denx-git (see above)
linuxppc_2_4_mpc5200 (see above)

on the 2.4 kernel i got a different errormessage, but now with the
kernel linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git from Sylvain  everthing seems to work fine,
I need to test it at first. :) But I think this will take now some
time from now.

> > For this I used the git repository.
> 
> Which one?

see above

> > I copied the file arch/ppc/configs/lite5200_defconfig to .config, and
> > tried the following one:
> > make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_6xx- uImage
> 
> That's not the official way to build images.

oh, sry I played with crosscompiling the firt time, it would be a
pleasure for me if you could correct me.

Best regards,
Matthias