Subject: Re: freescale lite 5200 board and kernel 2.6

From: Domenico Andreoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:54:28 +0200

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:21:00AM +0200, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hello Domenico,

Hello Matthias,

> * Domenico Andreoli <[email-masked]> [07-04-06 00:10]:
> > kernel is built following the instructions on your wiki, i attached
> > the config file. please have a look, let me know if any check/test may
> > be advised.
> 
> sry, but I have now time to try your kernel config, but I attached
> mine which is working fine for me.
> Maybe this helps you.

unfortunately it does not :/

sometimes kernel prints "eth0: config: auto-negotiation on, 100HDX,
10HDX.", the eth0 is up and everything works.

most of the times "eth0: config: auto-negotiation off, No speed/duplex
selected?." is instead printed and eth0 seems to not exist.

i tend to exclude hw problems, older kernel 2.4.x always succeed in
using eth0.

is there any way to force eth0 auto-negotiation?

thank you
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50