Subject: Re: Alubook 5,8: No sound with 2.6.17-rc3-g5528e568-dirty

From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:24:43 +0200

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 06:04:13PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > As to the reason why I came here:
> > As I can't be sure whether the issue announced in the subject line is
> > really a kernel issue
> 
> Did it ever work? 

Not with Debian, but with this Ubuntu live CD I have sound: 
Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper Drake" Beta 2 powerpc (20060427)

The kernel on their CD is a 2.6.15-21-powerpc

> I don't quite know what machine a 5,8 is since I have a
> 5,6 only. 

5.8 is, IINM, the last PPC 15" Powerbook that Apple made

> Also, try snd-aoa.

With the git kernel mentioned in my previous mail there's no snd-aoa
available, IINM. I'll try figure out how to get the source and compile
another kernel with this driver ...

Best Regards
Wolfgang

-- 
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on