Subject: Re: [Done #2] Re: snd-aoa: Sound gone after snd-aoa updates, on PB5, 8

From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:23:14 +0200

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 09:44:32AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 00:17 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > 
> > The problem is: with libasound2 1.0.11-6 I cannot even *start* 
> > alsamixer:
> > 
> > ------------------------
> > $ alsamixer
> > ALSA lib control.c:816:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default
> > 
> > alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory
> 
> See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=369478 and friends.

Thanks. 

And the bug already seems to be fixed with a new version: I just
installed it (libasound2 1.0.11-7) and at least alsamixer and amixer
started without error. Plus: Restarting the KDE sound system after
installing this new version also worked liked a charm.

Thanks to everyone involved :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang

-- 
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on