Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: console_initcall ordering issues

From: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:16:23 +1000

From: Milton Miller <[email-masked]>

The add_preferred_console call in rtas_console.c was not causing the
console to be selected. It turns out that the add_preferred_console
was being called after the hvc_console driver was registered. It only
works when it is called before the console driver is registered.

Reorder hvc_console.o after the hvc_console drivers to allow the selection
during console_initcall processing.

Signed-Off-By: Milton Miller <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
---

Index: kernel/drivers/char/Makefile
===================================================================
--- kernel.orig/drivers/char/Makefile	2006-06-05 22:49:52.056236490 -0500
+++ kernel/drivers/char/Makefile	2006-06-05 22:50:12.918997949 -0500
@@ -41,9 +41,9 @@ obj-$(CONFIG_N_HDLC)		+= n_hdlc.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_AMIGA_BUILTIN_SERIAL) += amiserial.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_SX)		+= sx.o generic_serial.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_RIO)		+= rio/ generic_serial.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_HVC_DRIVER)	+= hvc_console.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_HVC_CONSOLE)	+= hvc_vio.o hvsi.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_HVC_RTAS)		+= hvc_rtas.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_HVC_DRIVER)	+= hvc_console.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_RAW_DRIVER)	+= raw.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_SGI_SNSC)		+= snsc.o snsc_event.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_MMTIMER)		+= mmtimer.o