Subject: [PATCH] pSeries hvsi char driver janitorial cleanup.

From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:36:43 -0500

Andrew, 
Please apply.

A set of tty line discipline cleanup patches were introduced 
before the dawn of time, in kernel version 2.4.21. This patch
performs that cleanup for the hvsi driver.

The hvsi driver is used only on IBM pSeries PowerPC boxes.
The driver was originally written by Hollis Blanchard, who 
has delegated maintainership to me. So this my first and
maybe only patch in this official new role, because this 
driver is otherwise bug-free :-)

Signed-off-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>

----
 drivers/char/hvsi.c |    5 +----
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 4 deletions(-)

Index: linux-2.6.18-rc3-git1/drivers/char/hvsi.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.18-rc3-git1.orig/drivers/char/hvsi.c	2006-08-01 14:26:38.000000000 -0500
+++ linux-2.6.18-rc3-git1/drivers/char/hvsi.c	2006-08-01 15:03:12.000000000 -0500
@@ -986,10 +986,7 @@ static void hvsi_write_worker(void *arg)
 		start_j = 0;
 #endif /* DEBUG */
 		wake_up_all(&hp->emptyq);
-		if (test_bit(TTY_DO_WRITE_WAKEUP, &hp->tty->flags)
-				&& hp->tty->ldisc.write_wakeup)
-			hp->tty->ldisc.write_wakeup(hp->tty);
-		wake_up_interruptible(&hp->tty->write_wait);
+		tty_wakeup(hp->tty);
 	}
 
 out: