Subject: Re: latest git: compile error: arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o

From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:06:53 +0200

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 04:41:58PM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer writes:
> 
> > Strange tho' - for me at least - that these patches from about 5 weeks (!)
> > ago still don't seem to have made it into the current git tree ...
> 
> 5 weeks ago was a particularly bad time for patches trying to get into
> the git tree, since I was on vacation and then travelling to OLS. :)

    [ ... ]

Michael, Paul, and everyone else being involved:

My apologies for my perhaps too strong wording when I was complaining
about the delay ... I didn't mean the words as ugly as they actually
might read ...

And after all <wild guess following ... :) > if there were more folks
actually compiling these kernels on machines like the one mentioned,
*and* telling about the results, the delay perhaps would have been
much shorter .. :)

Thanks for your fine work for this software, to everyone out there in
Kernel City.

Best Regards
Wolfgang

-- 
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on