Subject: Re: Broken Firewire 400/SCSI on ppc Powerbook5,8

From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:56:26 +0200

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 09:43:47PM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> ...
> >Because i hate to burden my lousy memory with what I did to produce
> >the logs above, I scrambled together my admittedly marginal bash
> >knowledge and ran the tests with 4 scripts to produce the logs.
> >
> >All the following below is to give you control on how these logs were
> >created.
> ...
> 
> Thanks, I will look at them as soon as I have my lookup table for the 
> hex codes and the mental capacity available. :-) BTW, a convenient way 
> to annotate the syslog is the command "logger". E.g.
> $ logger "hello world"
> $ ./hello_world 2>&1 | logger -t hi_world

I'll keep that on my radar for the next time I could use 'logger' ...
But after reading the - how do I say that without becoming offensive,
- err .. possibly slightly esoteric explanations in "man logger" I'm
not that much enthusiastic to use the tool ... but let's see .. :)

Note: Please ignore most of the ugly explanations on how I created the
logs for ieee1394 in my previous mail. Some should be nothing more
than a reference if (and only if) the ieee logs I put on my home page
don't help to debug the FW issue ...

Thanks 

Best regards
Wolfgang    

-- 
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on