Subject: Re: [Cbe-oss-dev] [PATCH] powerpc: allow PHBs anywhere in the device tree

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:16:21 +0200

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 21:54, Olof Johansson wrote:
> !strcasecmp(...) instead?

I do that normally for functions that return either a truth value
or a pointer to an object that may be NULL, whereas strcasecmp
returns a numerical value that I'm checking for a specific result.
This is also consistant with how it is used elsewhere in the file.

> Do they ever exist in non-lowercase versions? Old code just did
> strcmp().

I took that from device_is_compatible(), which also does
strncasecmp, so I assumed that was done for a reason.

> > + *   @from:  The node to start searching from or NULL, the node
> > + *           you pass will not be searched, only the next one
> > + *           will; typically, you pass what the previous call
> > + *           returned. of_node_put() will be called on it
> 
> Convention seems to be to call this "prev", not "from"?

ok

	Arnd <><